Department of Mass Communication, College of Communication, University of Sharjah, P. O. Box: 27272, Sharjah, UAE
Received date: Apr 02, 2019; Accepted date: Apr 26, 2019; Published date: May 04, 2019
Citation: Al-Ali FAA. Attitudes of Audience towards the Communicational Activities of Public Relations of Dubai Municipality. Global Media Journal 2019, 17:32.
Copyright: © 2019 Al-Ali FAA. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.
Visit for more related articles at Global Media Journal
The media industry greatly developed and has become a huge industry with its investments of human and financial resources, which ensure that its work is managed effectively. In addition to being a media industry with an economic profit, it also has a societal relation to its audience and the society in which it operates. Media organizations deals with various categories of audience; both inside and outside the organization, which emphasizes the importance of public relations management in managing the communicational process with those audience in an organized and purposeful manner. Adapting individuals and communities to social reality is considered important and necessary for the sake of public interest.
Communication activities; Public interest; Dubai municipality; Municipality perform; Communication needs; Media organizations; Public relations; Municipality's audience
The same applies to any organization, since it is not isolated from the audience and the surrounding society; both of them need each other, and there must be good relations between the organizations and the audience connected to them or the surrounding society in order to ensure peace and stability for themselves. The bigger the establishments become, the larger the distance would be between them, the audience and the surrounding society. There has become a dire need to know the views of thousands or millions of individuals and communities, to shape their policy to suit them, and then explain it to them in order to gain their confidence and support .
Moreover, the governmental institutions seek to know the desires of the audience to gain its confidence and support, since the audience is the one, who will implement the policies set by them, and their disappearance or survival depend on it, as the interests of the people became diverse and their desires varied and the trust relations among the organizations increased. Moreover, the power of opinion increased and the need to understand the motives and demands of individuals and groups became more urgent. Those institutions realized that they could not achieve success if they survived far away from the public or isolated themselves from it.
Accordingly, on the one hand, the need to assign this task, the one of establishing good relations between an organization, its audience and the different organizations, which became a necessity nowadays, evolved during our current age.
On the other hand, the public opinion has been playing an important role in the political, social and economic fields and it has become necessary to identify the factors of forming and revitalizing public opinion and the influences affecting it and how to guide it .
The study of general public attitudes towards communication activities in institutions requires the adoption of appropriate theories in order to provide a scientific and logical explanation of the nature of these trends. The present study is based on two of the most prominent scientific models that can explain the process of shaping the attitudes of individuals towards different subjects:
• Expecting value model
• The model of subordination of others and their impact on the content of the media or the influence of the third person the third person Effect model.
The first model (the Expecting Value Model) believes that the understanding of the trend formation process needs to identify the communication activity of the public relations department in the institution and the relationship of the public who deal with it .
Fischbein’s "Prediction of Value" model in its 1967 final is a model of the theoretical framework of the current study. This model indicates that the various facts and facts that mark a subject carry a relative weight of importance, depending on the individual's perception of importance. The relativity of the components of this information in addition to their prominence and relevance to the values of the subject and interpretation and therefore that information has an effective effect in the formation of the final trend of the individual towards this subject, and the researchers specialized in the field of communication activity, but measuring the attitudes of the public with the institution through the communication activity of the Department of Public Relations by linking the public's beliefs about the institution's activities.
The concept of value prediction, which represents a theoretical and methodological link in beliefs and trends, is therefore important. This model presents a scientific and systematic view of the mechanics relevant to the formation of a trend and its modification over time . It is based on the fact that processes contain many variables that control the final direction of the individual towards different subjects. Direction Is the Cognitive Summation of the total relative weights of the subject attributes, i.e. the inputs leading to the taboos. The final direction of the individual - for example, viewers' attitudes toward the performance of satellite channels may be shaped in a number of salient features such as: The ethics of society and the degree of freedom to ask important topics and issues in the UAE community, and satisfy the needs of the viewers, and the level of artistic and creative development of its programs "represent the previous features" inputs hosted by viewers in the light of the relative importance of their access to the output of any final attitudes towards the performance of the satellite channels .
The third person effect: a new and innovative model in the study of public opinion and an attempt to learn the effects of the media, a model that believes that the belief of the individual and others in the same social or cultural or professional slice does not extend to them the effects of the media, but it Produce effectively with other members of the public. In this study, the researcher tries to monitor the extent of these effects on the general public and its direction, and it is related to the evaluation of the effects of a new media entity, namely the communication activities of the Public Relations Department, which reflect the interests and orientations of individuals and groups of interests .
The model of subordination of others to the effects of the media from Sik-Logi's perspective is related to the difference in the individual to the effects of these means, which is compared to other members of the public. The individual is thought to be unique and different from others while others of the general public are passive and disruptive media deception. In 1997, Bryan et al. explain the individual's direct influence on the media in others as follows:
• The belief that one is smarter than others is motivated by a positive self-image. The effects of the media affect others only because they are less intelligent and more inclined to succumb to the influences of the media.
• There is a belief among some individuals that the media is used in Persuasive media and that it is often aimed at deceiving the audience according to the intentions and objectives of the communicators.
The model of subordination of others to the effects of the media in:
Perceptual component: This component relates to the classification of the individual media effects into two types: light effects:
• They may be presented to them as well as their equivalent in terms of culture and occupation. Effective and Intensive Impacts:
• The behavioral component: It is closely related to the desire to exercise control over the media against the content of its means that threaten society and make it vulnerable to the deterioration of culture and media.
• The study aims at finding out the functions of managing public relations in Egyptian media organizations. The most important of the study - It is found that at the level of the total sample of the study that building communication within all the productive organizations that included this study is not efficient and effective . Informal communication is more capable of satisfying the communication needs of the internal public. The study showed that in general there is an imbalance in the interest of the organizations internal and external audience while establishing their communicational build up.
• The study of Tahasson Mansour Rashid Mansour - The organization and management of public relations in the government apparatus and directions of senior management towards it - field study. The main results of the. Study is the rate of managements that conduct researches is few compared to the importance of public relations research and studies as an early warning bell to provide the right information and data. There are no financial allocations given to the public relations for the budget of the establishment.
• Botros Gorges Al-Hallaq - Factors Affecting Job Satisfaction of Employees in Media Institutions - A Comparative Analytical Study. The study summarizes the concept of job satisfaction, the relationship between job satisfaction and performance, and the most important results of the study: There is a positive relationship between the factors related to the nature of work within the media organization and the level of job satisfaction .
• The study of Sami Sayed Abd El-Aziz - Building communication at the organizations of production and its reflection on the mental image of the organization and the most important results of the study are - More than half of the employment in the public sector does not exceed the educational level of the primary, while the low level of education does not exceed 20% within the private sector organizations. Are more responsive to the communication needs of the internal public.
• Karuk Yassin Al-Turkey - The Role of Public Relations in Achieving Job Satisfaction an Empirical Study on Saudi Line Workers The researcher conducted a field study on a simple random sample of 808 respondents in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The main results of the study - Good internal relations between the establishment and the workers are the real resource that stems from the good impressions of the establishment. The participation of workers in the various roles of their enterprises is considered as a way to raise the morale of workers .
• The study of Muhammad Naji al-Jawhar in 1981, entitled Public Relations in Iraq. Objectives and Functions the study aimed at finding out the status of public relations agencies in government institutions and the private sector in Iraq. The study concluded that public relations are linked to the highest administrative level. What is recommended by the study the need to prepare and qualify the administrative level the importance of using means of communication with the public and the completion of scientific research?
• Ahmed Ahmed Ali Al-Abdullah's study in 1992. The title of evaluating the performance of the public relations function in the central public administration departments in Jordan, and aiming to know that the public relations units in the central public administration departments are important in the research, planning and use of means of communication and the most important results .
• Khamis bin Abdullah Al-Shamakhi 2001, entitled Evaluation of the performance of public relations departments in the Sultanate of Oman from the point of view of the directors of other government departments. The study aims to achieve various objectives, including standing on the performance of public relations departments in the Sultanate's departments. The level of management of public relations departments in the Sultanate is average and it does not use modern methods and tools. The most important thing recommended by the study is to raise the level of public relations performance through training courses, rehabilitating employees, increasing financial allocations and providing public relations with modern tools .
The review of previous studies reveals that it focused on the study of private institutions in terms of means of communication. It also reveals that the phenomenon of the relationship between the public and the institutions through the activities of the public relations department has received the attention of researchers at the Arab level. This shows the interest in the public relations department and the activities it conducts in its contact with the organization's public and also used some previous studies case study method in order to provide a database of the phenomenon under study and thus can be understood the ways in which the division of public relations in institutions.
It also reveals some studies that set the standards for the professional performance of these activities, but concluded that :
• That the field performance standards in the institutions did not receive their share of study and research, although important.
• In a number of previous studies and research, research has limited the adoption of one criterion or criterion, such as technical or professional formulations, without attempting to monitor overall performance standards.
• A limited number of studies and research on specific issues or events and events without regard to the comprehensive dimension of field professional performance standards.
• The lack of consensus on the need to provide scientific standards or standards to assess the performance of professional institutions in the field.
• The lack of cognitive accumulation in the Arab library of an integrated curriculum or standard for the standards of professional performance in the visual media.
Due to the importance of communication to public institutions and media institutions in particular, and because the communication function is the primary function of public relations, the aim of this study was to focus on studying the communication function of public relations departments in the UAE media institutions; Communication in the public relations departments and methods of practicing their communication function in this institution, studying the administrative and organizational aspects that affect this practice, and revealing the extent of the success of public relations management with the masses of the internal institution, And its communication activities, in addition to monitoring the most important difficulties and obstacles to the exercise of its work, in preparation for proposing recommendations that contribute to solving and overcoming it .
Based on the above, the researcher considered that it is necessary to study the extent to which Dubai Municipality's audience can interact with the messages and media activities carried out by the Public Relations Department so that information and information about the public can be provided to the contact person in the Public Relations Department and performing the necessary procedures to avoid the negatives and considering the positives.
This study aims at the following:
• Analysis of media messages used by public relations in Dubai Municipality and their compatibility with the needs and interests of the public.
• Demonstrating the ability of the Public Relations Department in Dubai to deal with the media activities that the Municipality needs to build in forming its mental image Communicational activities .
• What activities does Dubai Municipality perform?
• What are the contributions of activities in Dubai Municipality?
• What is the attitude of the public about the activities offered by the municipality? The extent to which these activities can build the positive image of the institution.
• What are the positive aspects posed by the Public Relations Department in building the positive image of the institution?
• To what extent does the audience interact with the organization?
Definition of the audience
The organization's audience is very broad. It includes all the individuals who are involved in the organization's activity, and are interested in their results and have the ability to influence their activities .
PR: Public relations have been defined by the American Public Relations Association as an administrative unit providing plans and management programs.
Public relations and its meaning all public relations functions and activities and uses means of communication of various types with the aim of positive impact and create a mental image in the public opinion.
This study is a descriptive one that aims at analyzing and portraying the phenomenon of research and trying to reach the facts related to the nature of a phenomenon, in order to describe the phenomenon in the reality of the pension and access to accurate information about it. In this context, the study of the survey method was adopted as one of the most suitable scientific methods suitable for this study and where the study of field in the framework of the survey methodology based on the selection of a sample of 200 from Dubai the Municipality Audience which was prepared during the 2018 academic year and the sample was divided equally between males and females, but after the distribution of the questionnaire . The number of males 95 and the number of females 97 and was selected this particular segment as they are the largest part of dealing with the Municipality of Dubai, where the use of this type in the research public opinion and listeners and viewers, especially in the framework of using the survey method is to study the views and attitudes of Dubai Municipality audience in dealing with the municipality with the reliance on the research application form through the personal interview method with a sample to collect data, analyze them and draw conclusions.
The problem of this research was determined and then its purpose in trying to identify the extent of - the analysis of media messages used by public relations in Dubai Municipality and their compatibility with the needs and interests of the public.
Demonstrating the ability of the public relations department in the town of Dubai to deal with the media activities needed by the municipality to build its mental image. This research is from exploratory research, which symbolizes the detection of a certain phenomenon for a group of phenomena and shed more light and boiled such studies first step in the scientific research process accordingly. This study seeks to examine the extent to which the Dubai Municipality audience can absorb and interact with the messages and media activities conducted by the Public Relations Department so that the public information and information can be provided to the public relations liaison in the Public Relations Department and to take the necessary measures to avoid the negatives and take positive measures. This research is based on the statistical technique of measurement and the use of indicators based on inference, in addition to the measurement tools including Chi-square to complete aspects of the study and interpretation of the results. The researcher adopted the survey methodology, where a field study was conducted within the framework of the research methodology through a sample of 200 individuals from the UAE community .
The study rate consists of students from the University of Sharjah aged between 23-40 years in the United Arab Emirates. The study was conducted randomly by Dubai maneciplety audience of 200 individuals between the ages of 23-40 years at different levels of study.
Within the framework of the survey methodology, a questionnaire was prepared that includes the study questions and contains a set of questions that reflect the objectives of the study and their questions
Examine the ability of the Dubai Municipality audience to absorb and interact with messages and media activities conducted by the Public Relations Department so that the data and information of the public can be provided to the contact person in the Public Relations Department and take the necessary action to avoid the negatives and take the positives .
• The researcher relied on the survey as a means of collecting research data. The survey paper went through the following stages:
• The formulation of a number of closed questions to answer the questions that the research aims to put in a logical context and gives the candidate the opportunity to choose between the answers to the researcher.
• The investigative newspaper was presented to a group of arbitrators to measure the respondents' response to the research objectives and to amend the newspaper according to the instructions of the arbitrators.
• The paper has been applied to a limited number to test its applicability to the broader application.
• Time domain - The work on the form and its application took about three months after the completion of the theoretical and methodological part which took three months during June 2018 - August 2018. The field and library review was also carried out and the form data was manually abstracted to extract the results, comment on the tables and write the final report.
Determining the type of questionnaire - The researcher considered the possibility of submitting the questionnaire to the sample in question so that each respondent will complete the questionnaire.
The questionnaire was designed in its initial form by studying the activities of the Department of Public Relations in Dubai Municipality and the public attitude towards them. And its preparation has undergone scientific steps and conditions  (Figure 1).
The below graph shows the level of males shows that the percentage of those who follow the media activities in the municipality amounted to 85%, the proportion of women who follow the media activities in the municipality of Dubai 75%. There were no statistically significant differences between males and females in terms of follow-up of activities. The value of Mann Whitney 4500 and P value 0.078>0.05, indicating that both males and females have an interest in following up the activities of the media municipality .
Figure 2 shows the males' level, the rate of those, who follow the activities through the website 66% and obtained the first place while the proportion of females 62% and the difference between the two ratios is not statistical significance and this is evidence that the preferred means of sampling of males and females are the websites of the municipality. The value of the Mann Whitney test was 4986.500 and the value of the P value 0.969>0.05The rest of the media, such as radio, press and television, received only a small percentage, ranging from 11.5% to 13%. This also indicates that the preferred means of follow-up activities is the municipality's website .
The Data of the Previous Graph Indicated the male’s level, the rates of the most important activities they follow are: the news published on the site, 45% compared to 63% for females. It ranked first, the rest of the activities are press conferences 30%, which occupied the second place and press conferences 22, third and final place for males compared to 22% The second place and 15% of the press releases in the department of public relations and the third and final status, the difference between the two samples has a statistical significance at the level of 95% confidence. The value of the Mann Whitney test was 4237.500 and the value of P value 0.041<0.05. This indicates the extent of male and female proficiency in following up the most important activities of the municipal relations department (Figure 3).
On the overall level, the news published in the site received the highest percentage of 54%, followed by press conferences with 26%, and press releases with 20% and occupied the third place.
The previous Graph shows the following:
• The percentage of those who defined the level of media coverage of the municipal activities of males was 48%, compared with 35% for females. The difference between the two ratios is statistically significant. The value of the Mann Whitney test was 4167.500 and the value of P value0.032 <0.05. This indicates that males and females differ in their level of coverage the percentage of males was 25% compared to 17% for females (Figure 4).
• The percentage of those who identified media coverage of the municipality's activities on the website was 41.5%, followed by a good level (26.5%) and very good (21%). This indicates the extent to which the male and female sample agreed to determine the level of media coverage of the website of the municipality.
Table 1: Shows the Most Important Positive Aspects of Dubai Municipality's Media Activities in Highlighting the Positive Image.
|Number||Males||Females||Total||Mann Whitney||P Value|
|Positive aspects of the Municipality||Q||%||Q||%||Q||%|
|Diversity of activities.||15||15||28||28||43||21.5||4951||0.902|
|Rapid media coverage of the Municipality's activities.||23||23||15||15||38||19|
|Considering cultural and social programs||35||25||32||22||67||33.5|
|Interacting with the issues of the audience and highlighting their interests.||17||17||15||15||32||16|
|Employing the new technology in the Municipality's Media activities.||10||10||10||20||20||10|
The previous table shows the following:
• At the level of males, the most important positive aspects of media activities in highlighting the positive image was the observance of cultural and social programs, which reached 35% compared to 32% for females and the difference between the two ratios has no statistical significance as the value of the Mann Whitney test reached 4951 and P Value 0.902>0.05. This shows the extent to which males and females agree on the most positive aspects of media activities in highlighting the positive picture followed by the rapid media coverage of activities, 23% for males and 15% for females. The difference between the two percentages is also not statistically significant. 15% for females and the difference between the two ratios is also not statistically significant (Table 1).
• Followed by the interaction with public issues and highlighting his interest reached for males 17% compared to 15% and the difference between the two ratios is not essential.
• The employment of technology was ranked last and 10% for both males and females and this shows the equality of both males and females in their view the most important aspects of the positive activities of the municipality.
• At the total level we find that the percentage of observance of cultural and social programs amounted to 33% and ranked first, followed by the diversity of activities by 21% and rapid media coverage by 16% and interaction with the issues by 16% and finally the use of technology 10%.
• This indicates the inability of the municipality to reach the level of perceptions of the sample in highlighting the positive aspects for the employment of new technology.
• At the total level, it was found that 80% of the males indicated that the activities helped them to know the activities and the news and ranked first, who indicated that these activities did not help them amounted to 20% and the difference between the two rates was statistically significant at 95 confidence level.
It is evident through the Previous Graph:
• At the males' level, the percentage of respondents, who answered yes that the messages of the Relations section accessible to the public 25% compared to 15% of the females and there is no significant difference in the two rates where the value of Mann Whitney 4500 and the value P 0.078>0.05, The percentage of males was 75% compared to 15% for females . There is also no significant difference between the two ratios. This means that both males and females are proficient in persuading them that the media messages provided by the Department of Relations are not accessible to the public (Figure 5).
• On the overall level, the percentage of those who believe that these messages are accessible to the public 20% compared to 80% is not accessible to the public and the difference between the two rates is not statistically significant and at the level of confidence 95.
Table 2: Shows the Reasons Expressed by the Sample after Answering "No".
|Number||Males||Females||Total||Mann Whitney||P Value|
|Editing of Material||25||25||25||25||50||25|
|Ambiguity of Meanings and Messages||30||30||25||25||55||27.5|
|Non-selection of appropriate messages||20||20||20||20||40||20|
|Inappropriateness of current timing.||10||10||8||8||18||9|
The above table shows the following:
• At the level of males, the percentages of the most important reasons expressed by the sample after answering "yes" are: Editing the media material 25% compared to 22% for females. The difference between the two ratios is not statistically significant. The Mann Whitney test was 4587.500 and the value of P value0.301 was 0.05. Followed by the editing of the media material 25% for males compared to 25% for females and the equality of the two samples in this reason is to edit the media material (Table 2).
• The language difficulty was 30% for males compared to 25% for females and the difference is also not mentioned between males and females. Also, males and females are equal in not choosing the appropriate media and communications. The difference is unnoticeable for males and females as well as the equal rates between males and females in terms of non-selecting the appropriate media and communication messages. Whereas the inappropriateness of the current timing ranked last for males and females, as the rate reached 10% for males versus 8% for females and the difference between the two ratios is not statistically significant.
• At the overall level, the main reasons for the ambiguity of meanings and messages were 27.5%, which ranked first, followed by the editing of the media material by 25%, which occupied the second place, non-selection of the suitable methods 20%, which occupied the fourth place and finally, non-selection of the current timing at a rate of 9%.
• It turns out that the most important reasons are the ambiguity of meanings and messages followed by the editing of the media material.
It is evident through the Previous graph that:
At the male level, the percentage of respondents, who answered yes that the public relations department contributes to the formation of a positive image of Dubai municipality (85%) versus 9% for females and the difference between the two ratios has no statistical significance at 95 confidence level. Value 0.286>0.05, while those who responded were 15% for males versus 10% for females. On the overall level, 87.5% answered yes and 2.5% said no. This indicates that the public relations department contributed to the formation of positive image of Dubai Municipality. This sample is consistent with the value of a study conducted by the Municipality of Dubai (Figure 6).
Table 3: The Sample's Opinion on Mentioning the Most Important Contributions after Answering "Yes".
|Number||Males||Females||Total||Mann Whitney||P Value|
|Participation of the society in several events.||45||45||35||35||80||40||4262.5||0.051|
|Planning projects that serve the society||20||20||15||15||35||17.5|
|Contributing and participating in work development||35||35||50||50||85||42.5|
It is evident through the previous table that:
At the males' level, the percentage of those who responded that the most important contribution was the participation of all in various activities (45%) compared to 30% for females. The difference between the two ratios was not statistically significant at 95% confidence level. 051>0.05 and ranked first followed by contributing to projects in the work development at a rate of 30% for males compared to 50% for females and ranked second and the difference between the two ratios has no statistical significance (Table 3).
Finally, the planning of projects serving the community ranked last by 20% for males and 15% for females. This means that males and females are equal in mentioning the most important contributions made by the municipality.
At the total level, the most important contributions are the projects of the community in various activities (40%), with a slight percentage contributing to the participation in the development of work by (42.5%). Finally, planning the projects that serve work at a rate of 17.5% with a small difference for the two former reasons.
Table 4: Shows the Sample's Opinion in Mentioning the Most Important Aspects that can be Developed by the Public Relations Section for Improving its Performance.
|Number||Males||Females||Total||Mann Whitney||P Value|
|Aspects developed by the Section||Q||%||Q||%||Q||%|
|A picture of the alternative press in specific issues and topics.||15||15||25||25||40||20||4077||0.027|
|Appearance of a compulsory press dimension.||10||10||7||7||17||8.5|
|Avoiding a large sector of audience||12||12||28||28||40||20|
|The refinement of browsing is all characterized by its speed and effectiveness.||35||35||15||15||50||25|
|Alternative media is associated with a different age||28||28||25||25||53||26.5|
The previous table shows the following:
The most important aspects that the public relations department can conceive in..... For males, the browser provides all the speed and effectiveness (35%) compared to (25%) for females and ranked first, followed by a large, And 10% for males and 7% for females. There were statistically significant differences between males and females in terms of the most important aspects that the public relations department could develop in improving its performance. The value of Mann Whitney 4077 and the value of P value0.027 <0.05 (Table 4) .
At the overall level, the most important aspect of the Public Relations Department is to improve its performance. It is the alternative media where 26.5% is followed by the browser's evaluation of all its speed and effectiveness by 25% (20%) came in third place and the appearance of a compulsory press dimension occupied the last position (8.5%).
This indicates that the Department of Relations in Dubai Municipality has neglected an important aspect of the aspects that could contribute to the development of the municipality or the emergence of a compulsory press dimension.
Table 5: Shows the Reasons of the Integration Relation from the Sample's Point of View Number.
|Number||Males||Females||Total||Mann Whitney||P Value|
|Relation of Integration||Q||%||Q||%||Q||%|
|Speed of Coverage||15||15||10||10||25||12.5||4685.5||0.422|
|Type in the media material||25||25||25||25||50||25|
|Organizing open days||38||38||42||42||80||40|
The previous table shows the following:
At the males' level, the most important reason for the existence of the sponsorship relation was the organization of open days by 38% compared to 42% for females and the difference between the two ratios is not statistically significant at the 95 confidence level, where the value of the Mann Whitney 4685.500 and the value P Value 0.422>0.05 (Table 5).
The first place followed by the type in the media article 25% for males compared to 25% for females and ranked second and equal male and female in the mention of this reason.
The rate of media coverage was 15% for males and 10% for females and last place was a small percentage. Finally, conferences were held and meetings were held for 10% for males, 8% for females and conferences, 12% for males and 15% for females, and it ranked last. Finally, holding meetings and conferences at a rate of 10% for males compared to 8% for females. For conferences, the rate reached 12% for males and 15% for females, which shows the indifference of the municipality to hold meetings and conferences.
On the overall level, the percentage of the most important reasons for males in the organization of open days by 40% and ranked first and type in the information material 25% and ranked second, while the rest of the reasons have received a small percentage ranged between (9%) (13%) and occupied last position.
The Following Results are evident through the Field Study:
• It was found that at the total level 80% of the sample follow the municipal media activities at the level of males and females 85% compared to 75%, which shows that most of the sample individuals follow the media activities of the municipality (Dubai).
• At the total level, the rate of those, who follow the media activities via the website reached (64%), among them the other methods, and it occupied the first place, followed by the TV at a rate of (13.5%) and the rest of the methods reached low percentages.
• At the level of males and females, the website obtained as a means of monitoring media activities 66% for males compared to 62% for females and the difference between the two ratios is not statistically significant.
• On the overall level, the news published on the site received the highest percentage among the activities followed by the sample, with 54% taking first place, and males and females also receiving activity related to the news published on the site (45%) for males versus 63% for females. The difference between the two ratios is not substantial.
• The level of activities from the point of view of the sample at the overall level was very good at 80% and ranked first, followed by the rest of the estimates with a small percentage ranging between 24% and 5%. This indicates the extent to which the sample is satisfied with the activities provided by the municipality.
• For males and females, the estimate was very good; the highest percentage was 45% for males and 45% for females. There is no difference between males and females in determining the level of activities.
• The percentage of those who watched the documentary film was 96% for Dubai Municipality and 97% for males and females. This indicates the interest of the sample in following up or watching the documentary film of the Municipality.
• (37.5%) followed by very good (35%). On the level of males and females, 30% for males and 45% for females and 45% for males and 25% for females.
• At the total level, the percentage of those who identified media coverage of activities was estimated at 41.5%, followed by the rest of the estimates. On the level of males and females, the average was 45% for males compared to 35% for females and the remaining percentages were between 25% and 2%.
• The percentage of those who felt that the information activities helped them to know all the news and activities at the total level of 80% and at the level of males and females 85%, 75%, and this indicates the ability of these information activities to help the public to know all the news.
• At the overall level, it was found that the most positive aspects of the media activities in highlighting the positive picture from the point of view of the sample are taking account of the cultural and social programs, where 33.5% followed by the diversity of activities by 21.5%, while the remaining aspects received low percentages ranging between 19% and 10%. At the level of males and females, 25% of males and 32% of females received cultural and social programs.
• At the total level, the proportion of those who saw the media provided by the Department of Relations accessible to the public by 80% and at the level of males and females by 75%, 85% and this indicates the extent of agreement between both males and females from their point of view.
• The most important reasons given by the sample, which answered no is the ambiguity of meanings and messages, 27%, followed by the editing of the scientific article by 25% and not choose the appropriate means 20% and the difficulty of language 18.5%. The percentage of males and females is equal to the editing of the information material, where the ratio is 25%. This indicates the extent of gender agreement in this regard.
• At the total level, the percentage of those who felt that the Public Relations Department contributes to building the positive image of Dubai Municipality was 87.5%. This indicates the necessity of the Municipality Relations Department to follow the sample in building the positive image.
• At the total level, the most important contribution is to contribute to the development of work by 42% and equal to the male and female roughly in this reason, where the percentage of each of 35% and 50% and the difference between the two ratios is not essential.
• At the overall level, the most important aspect that the PR department can develop in improving its performance is the alternative media (26.5%) and the highest percentage, while the side was able to browse all its speed and efficiency 25% and ranked second.
• On the overall level, the most important reasons that the sample found to have a relationship of integration.. is the organization of open days by 40% and obtained the first place and the diversity in the media material by 25%.
• At the level of males and females 38% for males compared to 42% for females and the difference between them is not significant and this indicates the extent of consensus in the opinion of the proportion of the reasons for the existence of integration relationship.
Those results are summarized in the Following Recommendations:
• Paying attention to the website; as the sample showed its desire and use of the website in the follow-up of media activities.
• Paying attention to other activities that are followed by the sample; as it is confined to the activity of published news and activities, and did not pay attention to the rest of the activities in order to obtain their right, especially after the sample estimated the level of these activities very good (80%).
• Paying attention to the development of documentary education as the study witnessed the wide acceptance of the sample on the documentary film whether at the total level or at the level of males and females, especially after the sample evaluated the level of the documentary film to be very good.
• The media coverage of activities was estimated at 41.5% and at the level of males and females 35% 48%. This indicates a low level of media coverage of the activities. Thus, the study recommends paying more attention to the media coverage of activities.
• Paying attention to the reasons given by the sample for the media coverage, namely ambiguity of meanings and messages, at a rate of 27%, editing of media content (25%) and non-selection of the appropriate messages 20%, and the Department of Public Relations Section of Dubai Municipality should take care of these matters to achieve the desired goals through those activities.
• Paying attention to other contributions where the sample focused only on the contribution to participate in the development of work, which amounted to (42%).
• On the overall level, alternative media has become the most important aspect that the PR department can develop in improving its performance by 26.5% of the browser with all its speed and effectiveness. Therefore, the researcher recommends that attention be paid to the other aspects, since they received a small percentage.